Saturday, May 10, 2008

Apparently I suck at mountain biking.

What the hell is wrong with me?

So right now I'm sitting at the top of Alpharetta Greenway's small mountain bike trail after 1.5 loops, already battered and bruised. Usually I can do this sucker 4 or 5 times before I contemplate throwing in the towel, but the thought has already crossed my mind today.

After my last mountain biking debacle, and after a couple of weeks of licking my wounds and sticking to my road bike, I decided to get back to the trails. The Greenway is relatively easy - It's a nice singletrack with some good switchbacks, roots and a few hills, but not terribly technical.

You wouldn't know it if you were watching me right now. I can't seem to control my bike, and I've already fallen once. I NEVER here... This is MY trail.

I need to get over this mental block, get my ass back on the bike and keep riding.

See you out there.

No comments: